Welcome to the Welfare Rights area of our website. Here you will find information about our Welfare Rights Service and information about welfare refrom.
Ferguslie Park Housing Association is committed to supporting the wider needs of the local community and have developed new projects and services as needed. One of the most significant of these was when we decided in 2013 to establish our own Welfare Rights team.
Our Welfare Rights team help our tenants to sustain their tenancies and support our tenants deal with the consequences of welfare reform.
Our Welfare Rights service is available 5 day's a week, either by dropping in or by making an appointment.
Below is a summary of what we can help you with;
- Benefits Health Check (to ensure people do not lose out on their entitlements)
- Income Maximisation (via the benefit system)
- Universal Credit
- Assistance to complete benefit applications forms
- Advice and support throughout the application process
- Assistance when dealing with public departments, such as Renfrewshire Councils Housing Benefit Services, Job Centre Plus (JCP), Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC), Department for Work & Pensions (DWP), The Pension Service etc.
- Assistance to resolve disputes with public departments
- Assistance to appeal against decisions made by public departments
- Provide personal representations at Independent Tribunals
Welfare Rights Team
Meet our Welfare Rights Team
Senior Welfare Rights Officer